When people speak of PILLARS we automatically think of things that have a solid foundation. We have pillars that hold up buildings and we have Pillars of the community – people who are trusted and admired.
What pillars are you building your life around?
Here are five pillars that I consider to be non-negotiable when designing a life that matters.
- MINDSET – Your mindset has to match your thinking or you will simply be deluding yourself.
What do you mean Gerry? Many people dream big dreams but when it comes time to take ACTION…their Mindset does not match their Dream-set. We simply MUST develop our minds to stop dreaming big but acting small – to stop HOPING for positive but (deep down) believing for negative – to stop speaking of great things but acting in LIMITED ways. Up-level your mindset to match your aspirations.
- MENTORSHIP – Who –SPECIFICALLY – is feeding your mind? Who is challenging your thinking and your actions? Who cares enough about you to challenge you to BE, DO and HAVE more?
- TEAM – While a Mentor is usually ONE person who can super-size your dreams – a TEAM is a group of souls who travel on the journey with you. They each celebrate their GENIUS so you can celebrate yours.
- SERVICE – How are you SERVING your clients, your family and your team? Are you “All about you?” The more you make things happen for others the more they return to you. GIVE and you shall receive!
- CHARACTER – I love the quote – “Who you are speaks so loudly, I can hardly hear what you say!” Put another way – are you a person of your word? Do you DO what you say you will do – WHEN you say you will do it? Can people count on you to deliver on your promises? Do you deliver more than expected? Are you generous with your time, your praise and your money?
There may be other Pillars that you want to include in your personal foundation for life.
Using these five pillars is a good start. They’ll help you get to winner’s circle!