Adv. Mary Bosiu is a testament to one indisputable truth: If you put in the effort, rewards will follow. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but, eventually, there will be a pay-off.
A well-known and highly respected motivational speaker and personal development trainer, Mary has written three inspirational books, her latest being Success Fundamentals Vol. II: Nuggets & Pearls Of Wisdom To Help You Pump The Greatness In You! published by Black Card Books.
Mary’s extensive work in the area of personal development has consistently earned her awards and seen her invited to speak at a number of high-calibre corporate events as well as deliver training modules. Towards the end of 2015, she also began delivering her own one-day training sessions for which attendees pay a fee.
For Mary, preparation in advance of her public events is a major focus and rightly so.
“I prepare flyers for the event and, armed with the flyers, I knock on as many doors as possible through calls and meetings. From that I develop a prospect list and that list generates people that end up coming to my events.”
“I also create a Facebook event page. I prepare a page cover photo that reflects critical points about my event. And I do regular Facebook posts that mention my upcoming event. Lately, I’ve done billboards to promote my events as well.”
Mary also gives free one-hour inspirational talks. On January 22, she will host one such event for all her previous event participants. She intends to contact them and do more Facebook posts to invite as many people as possible, whether they have attended a previous event or not. The aim of her free events is to refuel the inspirational spirit that emanated from her earlier events; to ask participants to share successes linked to her events; to offer early bird pricing for an event scheduled for this coming May this year; and to market her books, CDs, public events, guest speaking engagements and training events.
Mary has been reaping the fruits of her labours. The opportunities that have comes her way are impressive, to say the least, including:
- One of the largest banks in her country of Lesotho, Standard Lesotho Bank, gave away her book at an event where Syleena Johnson, a well-known singer, was the guest speaker. Syleena autographed her book before giving copies to unemployed female university graduates she was called on to motivate. In addition, Standard Lesotho Bank is one of the corporations, that has sponsored her latest book under BCB’s Fund It Coaching Program.
- Another Lesotho bank has tabled a proposal that she become its Ambassador on Financial Education. This is largely in part because of the training module she offers on financial intelligence.
- She has been invited to be a panellist on a TV show hosted on TBN Africa. The episode is titled Debt And How to Get Out Of The Debt Trap. She was also invited to give a one-hour motivational talk on the national radio station, Radio Lesotho.
- She has been invited to design a training module on leadership skills for GBR Leadership Academy to be established in South Africa.
- She served as a keynote speaker as a high-calibre event organized by PMR Africa and saw service excellence awards presented to deserving corporations in Lesotho.
- She was invited as a guest speaker to an event organized by the Lesotho Institute of Accountants, sharing the stage with many speakers from various countries.
For more information on Adv. Mary’s upcoming events, visit www.marybosiu.com
Mary is a powerful GEM! Her inspiration shines greatly in all of us!