December is a month of celebrations, whether we are celebrating because of the holidays and the long breaks, or were celebrating because it is the last month of the year, and we are so looking forward to ending the craziness of the current year.
For others, December is likewise the time when a spark of hope rises within us that makes us hopeful for the things that the New Year will bring.
Smart Healthy Women, a digital magazine created to connect smart women of all ages with experts around the world whose passion is sharing information to make life more informed, interesting and fun, featured three (3) articles from BCB authors on their latest digital issue talking all about CELEBRATIONS!!!
In Gillian Stevens’ article “Celebrate and Flourish”, she talks about the all the stress-related conditions that particularly women are experiencing, such as burnout, compassion fatigue, and other imbalances that our body is suffering that brought about by our year-long busyness. She also shared how we can live a flourishing life by applying this process:
- Focusing on what you want and slow down;
- Loving oneself;
- Owning your life;
- Seeking support from others;
- Being responsible and taking charge of your life;
- Finding inspiration;
- Aligning our body, mind, and spirit; and
- Creating harmony in our home, workplace, and communities.
Meanwhile, Kim Speed, whose article “Celebrate Your Health” which was also featured in the same issue, also talks about dealing with the never-ending ‘To-do list’, and how women can give priority to their health despite the mad dashes, the busy morning, and even crazier evenings. Kim shared how to keep track of your health despite it all by:
- Having good’ ol water;
- Get moving;
- A bit of planning;
- Finding and having fun; and
- Pillow time
Maggie Georgopoulos’ article, “Goal Setting For Goddess: How to Celebrate the End of the Year with Peace of Mind” talks about how to avoid the minefield of stressors brought about the holiday season and truly celebrate success by:
- Writing yourself a letter and write down your greatest accomplishment for the year (big or small); The magic moments; What would have disappointed you; What are you most grateful during the year; What really made a difference in the year; What was the one thing you wish you knew at the start of the year; and finally now I am celebrating…
- Breaking down the roles that you had in 2017- the roles you had in 2017; the roles you wish to show up in 2018; and the one word that describes how you want to show up.
- Making your promises for 2018 by writing in your journal – one or two promises for each role listed; rank your promise in order of priority, and writing yourself another letter about the year you have just as if it’s the end of 2018.
Gillian, Kim, and Maggie have indeed lots to celebrate during the year that was despite the busyness, the mad dashes and the tip-toeing in the minefield of stress. These ladies really know how to hustle with grace and flourish, keep their health in check, and truly celebrate success!
Check out the full article and celebrate the year that was HERE.
Great articles to celebrate life, health, and success! Cheers to you ladies!
Smart Healthy Women was created as a forum to connect smart women of all ages with experts around the world whose passion is sharing information to make life more informed, interesting, and fun. Our philosophy is that life should be lived to the fullest and the happier and more joyful we allow our lives to be will have a direct effect on our environment and will inspire others to do the same.