Choosing to grow your business at the comfort of your home (or your couch) is a thought that many entrepreneurs find appealing and engaging, but, at the same time overwhelming. Growing your business at the solace of your home is a great way to keep costs low, but, requires doubling your focus as there are lots of distractions that hamper you getting into the productive zone.
David McCammon, a professional photographer for 30 years and author of the cutting edge book, Image Power: Balancing Passion and Profit in Business have made a similar decision of building his business at home, eight (8) years ago and has never regretted it.
And, to help budding entrepreneurs as well as seasoned businessmen to make the right decision whether to get out of their retail space and move their business into their home, David shared in his article the ‘Tools to Balance Passion and Profit in a Home Based Business’ which was published by Home Business Magazine Online.
Home Business Magazine Online is loaded with content to help you start-up and succeed in a home-based business. HBM ONLINE is an advanced community for home-based entrepreneurs and business owners; people who work from home; and telecommuters.
In his insightful and honest article, David shared the important considerations when you’re running your business from home, such as:
- Financial drawbacks and benefits of running a business from home.
- What needs to be considered – such as frequency of clients, who visit your business, having a separate private entrance, keeping your personal space pristine, noise in your home while there’s a client, and keeping your business space separate and professional looking.
- Your mental space – refers to the discipline and focus you need to grow your business from home as there can be many distractions vying for your attention.
- Work schedule – setting a defined work schedule and committing yourself to a routine that keeps your focus on your task and at the peak of your productivity.
- Attire – getting dressed (for success!) sets the right tone for the day.
- Getting out and meeting people face to face – joining different networks, socializing, and sharing your business ideas help grow your business.
Running your business from home is neither a bed of roses nor a perfect work situation. But, with the same commitment of time and energy, focus, and discipline, like David, you can stay on track and succeed in growing your own home-based business.
According to David, “I love running my business from home and don’t foresee that changing anytime soon. With planning and commitment, you can create your own success from home!”
Find out more about David’s tools to successfully balance his passion and profit in his home-based business HERE.
HOME BUSINESS Magazine ONLINE is loaded with content to help you start-up and succeed in a home-based business. HBM ONLINE is an advanced community for home-based entrepreneurs and business owners; people who work from home; and telecommuters. Visit https://homebusinessmag.com/.