Here are a couple of Quick Tips on Getting High Listings on Search Engines:
- Write down every keyword you can think of which applies to your site that you want to bring targeted traffic in from.
- Become a Digital Detective. Step two is to go to some of the major search engines and do a search for your competition. Use some of the keywords you would use to look for your site.Visit these sites and write down other keywords you might not have thought about. Also save some of the pages so you will be able to look at them later to see what they are doing to get into the top 10 on a certain keyword.
- Investigate these pages thoroughtly…Start trying to notice what is similiar among them. Whatever it is that is similiar is probably what is getting them up on the tops of the search engines.NOTE: All the Search Engines have different requirements!How many times is the keyword being mentioned in each page? To get high placement you will probably have to create a version of your site that is different for EVERY ONE of the search engines seperately. This is time consuming, but well worth the cost.
- Examine the Meta TagsIf you have an html editor, when you look at the html of the page, you will be able to see it’s Meta Tags. They will look something like this at the top of the page.<HEAD>
<META name=”description” content=”Everything you wanted to make money in home business.”>
<META name=”keywords” content=”home business, MLM, network marketing, money, computers”>
I am NOT telling you to copy theirs…I am telling you to look and see if they use a keyword 5 times, then you probably should do that too. See what is similiar between each of the top ten pages in a category. You can learn ALOT this way on how each search engine works.
- Begin preparing and submitting your pages after following the rules that you found out about your keywords. The first search engine you should start with is Infoseek usually. When you submit to them you will find they will index your page within minutes so it is GOOD way to test your pages for rankings.To help everyone with their submissions, I have set up a page on my domain which contains the submission forms for ALL 8 of the major search engines. So, instead of having to go to eight different places and hunt for the “add url” sections, you can do it all from:http://www.bizpromo.com/infomall/free/search.htm
Terry Dean is the webmaster at http://www.bizpromo.com For FREE Information on how you can develop your own automatic internet money machine, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a free report today!