Ever wondered why kids are the luckiest and the happiest? Ever asked why they are so care-free, cheerful, and flexible? Always sporting a devil-may care grin?
First-class leadership and personal development coach, Hamid Safaei had learned nuggets of wisdom not found in the confines of the board room, nor found at the endless meeting with top executives and leaders, but, from a conversation with a 5-year-old kid, his son Arwin.
The best-selling author of First Class Leadership: How Highly Effective Teams Can Achieve Breakthrough Results, partakes in his article that adults need not look far to get some profound nuggets of wisdom. According to Hamid, he had easily learned more about life through the perspective of a kid in a conversation with his son, which he also shared in Thrive Global.
Thrive Global is a corporate and consumer well-being and productivity platform with the mission of changing the way we work and live by ending the collective delusion that burnout is the price we must pay for success. Thrive Global is founded by Arianna Huffington, who is also the founder of Huffington Post.
In the heartwarming article, Hamid shares the seven (7) nuggets of wisdom we can all learn from kids. These are:
1. Why not? – Asking this question brings shifts our mindset to think in terms of possibilities and not on the impossibilities.
2. Be happy for no reason – Happiness is internal. Be happy for no reason at all.
3. Do what you love – When you do what you love, giving up when the going gets tough will be far from your mind.
4. Don’t get too dependent – Don’t cling to anyone or anything for too long. Be flexible as a kid and learn to let go.
5. Don’t hide your emotions – Feel the pain and express your feelings. You’ll be relieved once the pain has been expressed.
6. Be persistent – When you badly want something, don’t give up.
7. Learn the algorithm of joy – Master the art of having fun. Your next moment will depend on what you think now.
Known to be a mentor, executive coach, and author of the best-selling book, First-Class Leadership, Hamid Safaei has led successful business transformations for a number of Fortune 500 companies. He is also now a regular contributor of Thrive Global.
Check out Hamid’s first-class article HERE.
Congratulations for this awesome article, Hamid! Indeed, kids can be unlikely sources of nuggets and pearls of wisdom!
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving. Visit https://www.thriveglobal.com/about.