I find it fascinating that modern day marketing techniques (call it marketing 2.0) has reached bigger businesses. Look at ING Direct Canada a good size bank with branches all over the globe using a “launch sequence” to promote their new chequing account.
More evidence that marketing 2.0 and social media are here to stay because even big companies that could afford to pump millions into traditional advertising are opting for marketing 2.0 tactics (social media, blogging, conversation building, community building and so much more).
This is their traffic driving page: http://www.your185.ca/v/
This is their webpage (notice the connection between the message and URL): http://www.your185.ca/
- They are using twitter to build conversation
- They are using Flickr to keep visitors engaged in their “local” celebration
- They are using a webcast to announce new details
- The traffic driving page is a very “down-to-earth” kind of video, no fancy stuff
- Above the fold is just a video which almost appears to be a “live feed” although I don’t think that’s the case, it’s still cool
- The webpages are very clean and professional, no clutter
- Notice how the twitter conversation and Flickr is what I call “natural social proof”. It’s not a direct testimonial but still acts as social proof – very powerful (you can also do this with blog commenting)
Jean-Guy (JG) Francoeur
Author, Answers You’re Aching To Know
Vice-President, Business Development
Black Card Marketing Group