The Multiply Your Business Podcast episode #034 features Maggie Georgopoulos, an author, speaker, and executive coach specializing in helping female talent reach their full potential. The podcast was hosted by Scott Morrison, a Business Development leader who has worked with growing brands and entrepreneurs.
In this episode, Maggie opens up about her climb to success that brought her to different parts of the world, working in various industries being a Mechanical Engineer by profession. She found out that she was climbing the wrong ladder and decided to retire in the corporate world at an early age of 35 years old. Maggie eventually and successfully climbed the ladder to her calling- women empowerment.
In this episode get to know about:
- The meaning behind the title of Maggie’s book (Up the Ladder In a Skirt)
- How to thrive as a woman working in a male dominant field
- How and why she started as a consultant
- How to climb the leadership ladder
- Why she feels the calling to work with women
- Why she wrote a book
- Why personality is very important
- How traveling to different countries has helped Maggie
- What is her belief about leadership
- What is her training and development program
- The importance of self-image
- What made her decide to work in the business
- How she started public speaking
- How to follow through your actions and promises
- The best advice she ever received
A leading global authority on career development for women, Maggie shared how she took the next level from being an employee racing blindly through her career, successfully climbing the correct ladder and knowing exactly where that ladder leads her. And for Maggie, that is- empowering women to climb their own ladders of success. These also inspired here to write her book, ‘Up the Ladder in a Skirt: Solidifying Your Leadership, One Bold Step at a Time’.
Climbing the ladder to success is a difficult journey to undertake, made more difficult if you are climbing the wrong ladder. According to Maggie, “Sometimes having the courage to ‘step off the ladder’ is a true sign of leadership.”
Step-up and climb the ladder of success by listening to Maggie’s story HERE.
An inspiring interview! Continue moving even higher on your ladder of success, Maggie!
The Multiply Your Business Podcast is about real steps to improving your business. Scott Morrison brings on world-class guests who teach you how to generate more leads, close more sales and make more money. Scott’s motivated by a desire to help people get connected to the situations and opportunities that will help them win in business and life. You will hear regular interviews, which give you strategy, advice and inspiration for building your business. Topics like marketing, brand building, sales, writing & publishing a book, strategic partnerships, mindset, goals, leadership, digital marketing, business growth and everything else you need to build that business you’ve always dreamed of.