Entrepreneurship is an exciting journey for every entrepreneur. Yet, business owners are focused mostly on the now, the day-to-day operation of the business, and the future of the business thus inadvertently forgetting the future of the entrepreneur itself. Business it seems becomes an extension of the personality of the entrepreneur. But, is this rightly so? What happens if an entrepreneur no longer works? Does the entrepreneur just die and wither away?
The Multiply Your Business Podcast with Scott Morrison episode #031 featured Charlie Reading, a chartered financial planner, entrepreneur, speaker, and author who is passionate about retirement planning.
Charlie Reading, author of “The Dream Retirement, How to Secure Your Money and Retire Happy” in his eye-opening interview with Scott Morrison shares the tricks and traps to avoid on the proper retirement planning for entrepreneurs, not only financially but psychologically as well.
In this podcast, Scott and Charlie discussed:
- How entrepreneurs should plan for retirement
- What does retirement really look like
- The things you must do to financially prepare for retirement
- How should your business be set up
- Happy retirement tips for finances and life after work
- Why did he decide to write a book
- The story behind his book
- The meaning of dream retirement
- How to prepare and avoid retirement boredom
- The importance of creating a system on saving money
- The right approach to save money
- The importance of creating a dream map of what your life will look like
- What to do when your budget exceeds your income
- What to do when you’re earning more than enough
- What to do even if you are far from retirement
- Understanding the psychology part; Habit is more important than the amount
- The right mindset on saving
- When to decide if you need to hire a financial planner
- How to delegate the right tasks to the right people
- How to figure out to know how much money you need to retire happy
- The best ways to be prepared
- The best habit other than to save is to revisit your cash flow monthly or annually
- What steps he can recommend for some people working for years to be ready for retirement
- Why you need to engineer your business to be ready for the future
Listen HERE, be retirement ready, and turn your life into a fantastic, fruitful and fulfilling existence!
A great and comprehensive discussion on retirement planning for entrepreneurs! Kudos, Charlie!