“Challenge your story, your beliefs- whether they are your own or are ‘inherited’. Face your fears.”– Nikki Arnold
Amazon Bestselling author, Speaker, Coach and Director of ‘Inspired Living International’ Nikki Arnold once again shared and spread positivity, this time, in an article featured by HR Future on their website.
HR Future features editorial that helps companies recruit, remunerate, lead, train, educate, develop, manage and retain the most appropriate talent for sustainability and growth into the future. Their content is delivered via a multimedia platform which includes a print and digital magazine, a website and live events.
In Nikki Arnold’s article entitled “Cultivating Optimism: Positive Thinking Guide to a Happier Life”, she shared how to develop a positive thinking attitude to achieve a happier life and convey some strategies on how we, too, can cultivate optimism by:
- Keeping a gratitude journal: Write down what you are grateful.
- Developing a spirit of volunteerism: This increases self-confidence. It gives you a sense of purpose, reduces depression and improves physical health.
- Practicing self-compassion: Show yourself kindness rather than judgment.
- Laughter is the best medicine: Humor improves cardiovascular functioning. It relaxes the body and increases immunity and releases feel-good endorphin.
- Complimenting people: Compliments have the ability to boost the self-esteem of both the giver and the receiver.
In this decidedly positive article, Nikki also shared a few nuggets on how to foster and spread positivity:
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Establish relationship that makes you feel good
- Be more physically active
- Get enough sleep
- Be self-aware
- Do not compare yourself to others
- Turn your ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts) into PETs (Performance Enhancing Thoughts)
- Foster a “growth mindset” rather than a “fixed mindset”
- Move forward and evolve
- Do not chase money
- Embrace possibilities
- Dare to dream and create your destiny
- Decide the ‘WHAT’ first, then figure out the ‘HOW’
The certified coach likewise shared her proven positive mood-boosting techniques that we can implement in our daily lives. A few examples of these strategies are:
- Practicing gratitude/counting your blessings
- Practicing random acts of kindness
- Enjoying and savoring life’s joys
- Thanking someone who has helped you significantly
- Investing time and energy in your relationships with family and friends
- Taking care of your health and body
- Developing strategies for coping with hardship and disappointment
As it is Nikki’s passion to share her insights and learnings with others to also help them live the best life possible, Nikki is sharing her strategies in conquering one’s fears, emerging as triumphant, and creating a better life in her Amazon bestseller book, “PositivithinkTM: How to Thrive, Not Just Survive.”
For Nikki, “Challenge your story, your beliefs- whether they are your own or are ‘inherited’. Face your fears.”