When you first gave serious consideration to writing a book, a million questions went through your head, not the least of which was, “How am I going to promote the very fact I’ve written a book in the first place and then market its availability?”
If you were already active on one or a number of social media platforms, you probably came quickly to the realization that your book and your offer of yourself as a leading and authoritative voice on its subject matter is already, quite literally, at your fingertips. You already knew full well the power of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and the like, in terms of raising your profile and putting you in touch with a huge audience. And so you put the exciting news of your book ‘out there’ and invited feedback which, in the early stages, was no doubt plentiful as it anchored your momentum.
If you’re smiling over your memory of the early-in-the-process returns which social media brought your way, there’s a problem. The smiling part isn’t the issue. Smiling is always good. Rather, it’s the memory part that should be a concern. Why? Because social media momentum should be a present-day every-day reality, not a memory.
If, for some reason, you’ve lost social media momentum, it’s high time you got it back. The good news is it’s not difficult. All it takes is a commitment to do so and then following through. You will be amazed how quickly something lost can be found again to your great benefit.
If there is one word that has been common to the message this monthly communication delivers, that word is consistency. Whatever initiative you implement on your social media platforms – be it something new or something you’re revisiting, stay at it. Your followers will soon come to expect it and look for it, sharing it with their followers in the process. That’s when new opportunities will land in your lap.
In the previous edition of The Power of Performance Newsletter, we featured Maximizing Event Investments: Automating The Follow Up Process To Your Great Advantage. We invite you to read on for Building Your Social Media Presence: You Had Them At Hello; Now Keep The Conversation Going.
Building and enhancing your social media presence is an important piece of the marketing puzzle, most especially in your author journey. There are key points, however, that you need to remember and put into action in every way possible, in order to grow your audience and engage with them effectively. CLICK HERE to find out effective ways in building your social media presence.
LILA GONZALEZ: A Consistent and Targeted Social Media Presence Brings Forth New Opportunities, Key Relationships
As a teacher of harnessing the power of femininity, Lila Gonzalez is an advocate for mindful living, providing unique strategies for personal growth and transformation to men and women around the globe.
Her soon-to-be-released book, The Reinvented Woman: The Best Ways to Enjoy Life to the Fullest without Sacrificing Your Femininity, draws on the most powerful aspect of femininity to build a life brimming with creativity, love, and freedom from pain and suffering.
Key to Lila’s sharing the message of her work and advocacy has been her taking full advantage of the power of social media.
Facebook groups are Lila’s primary platform to share content, connect and find the people most in need of her help. She is also active on her general Facebook feed as well as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Meetup.
“I use Facebook to promote my own events and share events at which I’ll be speaking. I use Meetup to host a group where I post events and invite a more targeted audience.”
Lila notes it is easy to create and organize your own Facebook group and events, but reminds us there a few things to remember.
“First, personalize your invitation to people in your Facebook group or event. People want to feel seen and connected. If you know someone who you would really like to attend your event or be part of your group, send them a personal message invitation, letting them know how much you value their participation. If you want to create a rapport with someone online, a simple message can lead to a potential partnership. People are more likely to see and respond to a message from you than to an invitation to an event or group that simply pops up in their notifications list.”
Second, advises Lila, identify friends that are willing to share your posts and events and ask them do so. “Friends are often so excited for your progress that they are happy to share and help promote you.”
And third, says Lila, a tried-and-true approach comes into play: If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.
“Using social media is doing market research for your business. You find what works for your messages with your audience and then you get really good at it. If nobody ‘likes’ your posts or attends your events, keep doing it and find what works. Social media is one of the best tools to use to become seen as an expert in your field. If you want to be seen as an expert, post-post-post and invite-invite-invite!”
Lila invites you to connect with her via her various social media platforms and/or visit her websites: www.thereinventedwomanbook.com
Well done, Lila! You make us all proud of your accomplishments!
Kenneth Choo – Author of Mother Industrialist: Perfecting the Balance between Motherhood and Business Success
Since starting his entrepreneurial journey three years ago, Kenneth Choo recognized the need to, and importance of, marketing himself before many people, particularly those not familiar with him or his business.
“Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram helped me to reach out to people whom I might not be able to reach out to,” says Kenneth, the author of the soon-to-be-released book Mother Industrialist: Perfecting the Balance between Motherhood and Business Success.
“When I went to any gathering, I realized people knew me without my knowing them because they addressed me as Yandao Towkay (Handsome Boss in Hokkien). In my social media posts, I always use this hashtag #yandaotowkay. People following me on Facebook and Instagram knew me as Yandao Towkay.”
Recently, Kenneth has been taking advantage of Facebook Live, issuing a 40-day video challenge to himself which saw him commit to doing a video or Facebook Live post for 40 consecutive days. This helped increase his social presence dramatically. People who meet him ask him about his FB Live blitz.
“People in your social media circle are constantly looking, so make sure you post positive stuff,” says Kenneth.
Kenneth has four tips for increasing your social media presence:
1) Optimize your social media profile. Feature an “approachable” profile photo and also a cover photo that reflects your career or lifestyle. Keep positivity, leadership and value in mind when optimizing your Facebook or any social media profile. Visit my Fan Page at https://www.facebook.com/missiontoimpactlives/ for an example of this.
2) Focus on a 1-2 social media platform approach and be good at it. For me, it’s Facebook and Instagram, although admittedly I am better with Facebook.
3) Be authentic and real. Be someone who cares about a person’s success and become known as an authority figure within your niche.
4) Use Facebook Live and post consistently. It’s best if you can post two or three times daily. You will quickly become the first person your audience looks to as an authority on your subject matter.
You ROCK, Kenneth! We are cheering on your successes!
For most, resolving to make change – real change – takes discipline. Desire is important but the real reward follows the taking of action. We get comfortable with the status quo. That’s human nature.
Once you resolve that something can be better to your advantage, take the steps to make it happen. Your social media footprint has no doubt served you well but can it serve you better, opening the doors wide to new opportunities as they relate to your book and your efforts to market both it and your expertise? It can and it will, if you’re willing to put in the time and effort.
And don’t forget to combine your increased social media add-on strategy with the development of triggers that alert you to those clicking your links, reading your content and sharing it and then you’re really onto something. Now you can target those who are interested in what you’re doing, bringing even more opportunities your way.
To help you succeed as you undertake your own initiatives, BCB continues to offer a number of multi-value campaigns, each designed to take you to the next level and keep you there.
- Big News Media Campaign: Black Card Books guarantees to launch your book and secure you coverage with one of the big news media outlets, such as CNN, BBC, FOX News or The Wall Street Journal. With a total value of $4,995, the Big News Media Campaign is now on sale for $1,495.
- Author Media Campaign: Black Card Books guarantees media coverage for your book and yourself by putting the formidable power of its iPromote team – copywriters, art directors and media planners – at your disposal as well as an assigned iPublicist. The end result is the creation of a customized public relations campaign. With a total value of $7,995, the Author Media Campaign is now on sale for $4,995.
- Author Website Campaign: Black Card Books’ team of professionals will design an eye-catching website to promote your book and yourself, including a blogging platform and a content management system that allows you to manage your website from the comfort of your own home. With a total value of $4,995, the Author Website Campaign is now on sale for $2,295.
- Amazon Bestseller Campaign: Black Card Books guarantees placement of your book on Amazon.com and further guarantees its status as a bestseller, giving you the huge opportunity to market yourself as a bestselling author on all your promotional materials and across your social media platforms. With a total value of $4,995, the Amazon Bestseller Campaign is now on sale for $2,495.
Like always, the iPromote team are ready, willing and able to put you on the road to big-time publishing success and keep you there. Contact them now at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on what great services fit your needs.