“If you’re not setting up systems properly you end up just working in your business instead of on your business.” – Jean-Guy Francoeur
Black Card Books CEO Jean-Guy (JG) Franceour, in an interview with SweetProcess, a blog and podcast about systemizing and scaling your business, enlightened entrepreneurs on how they can successfully run their business without them by simply putting a system that works for them.
JG, a firm believer of systemized business process revealed how by putting up a system for a business enables him to lead Black Card Books, the fastest growing book publishing firm, to its $30 million mark of gross revenue in less than 5 years since its inception and is now trending towards its $100 million mark.
He divulged that systems would make or break your business. According to JG, “The fact is that in businesses there’s such a low survivability rate. Most business owners that start never make it, something like 95% within the first five years fail. And, of the 5% that do go beyond five years 95% of those fail in the next five years.”
In the same interview, JG advised entrepreneurs to choose a scalable system right from the get-go, implement the system, pinpoint the pain points as a business owner, and continually improve the system.
The information-packed podcast covered:
- Why JG believes in putting systems in place to lessen reliance on people.
- How JG almost lost one of his founding partners.
- How JG learned the value of systems by building and selling six different companies.
- Why JG sought after a technology platform that was: 1) scalable and 2) flexible.
- Why JG prioritizes systematizing any area of the business that has the most pain attached to it.
- How JG incentivized his team to use Podio and the systems.
- How JG mitigates the problem of multiple system chaos.
- How JG modularized his systems across different departments
The sum and substance that JG imparts in systemizing one’s business permitted him to work ON the business and not IN the business and granted him more time and money freedom that almost all entrepreneurs really want.
Listen as JG spilled the secrets to systemizing business HERE.
Systematize to succeed! Great insights shared by JG!
SweetProcess podcast is hosted by Owen McGab Enaohwo CEO and co-founder of SweetProcess. SweetProcess makes documenting standard operating procedures (SOPs) easy and efficient. Share procedures with a team and more!