Sometimes we lose sight of the value of our work, and consequently we lose the zest for life – not just from our work, but from our lives. Here are a few zest-restoring ideas that you can use RIGHT NOW – and every day from now on.
- Understand that anything – your job, marriage, etc. regardless of how exciting in the beginning, will grow – not may grow – will grow stale in time, if we are not careful.
- Keep in mind that we must fight staleness in our lives daily. There is something that you can do – something that you must do – every day in order to keep vitality in your performance. It’s simply the actor’s technique. Live the part or act the part.
- Realize that there is no such thing as a job without a future. Every job has a future just as every person has. Whether that future is great or small will depend entirely upon the person. There are no small parts, there are only small actors.
- See the big picture(with you in it). See your job in relation to the whole scheme of things. (Remember, only you place the limitation on you, regardless of what THEY might say.)
- Finally, continue to develop your ability to see yourself, your work, and what you do through the eyes of the most important person – The Customer.
In times of unrest and in an unstable economy, it is very easy to let your attitude slip and begin feeling sorry for yourself. This is precisely when you want to practice healthy attitudinal rules to stay alert, alive and enthusiastic.
Don’t ever lose the zest for life and life won’t lose its zest for you. Say something positive to every person you meet today.