Doing business is an unending process of learning. Regardless of whether you’re a start-up entrepreneur or a seasoned businessman, one must keep learning and innovating in order to succeed, if not survive, the cut-throat world of entrepreneurship. And, in addition to continuous learning, an entrepreneur must also be aware of the mistakes he/ she need to avoid in achieving success over time.
Coach Renee Lopez, a 17-year coaching veteran, certified speaker and trainer, CEO of a leadership academy and consulting business, and an entrepreneur discloses the ‘5 Mistakes Every Entrepreneur Should Avoid’ to achieve business success in an article published by This Woman Can.
This Woman Can shares stories that empower women and young people, providing them with the knowledge, confidence, and drive to realize and maximize their life journey.
In this insightful article, Coach Renee enumerated the blunders business owners should avoid to succeed in business. These are:
- Overconfidence – thinking that you know everything about your business is a big mistake. An entrepreneur must continue to learn or spend money and time with experts (ex. your lawyers and accountants) to help guide them in their business.
- Having one (1) mentor – seeking guidance from different mentors is extremely beneficial and will not get you stuck trying to replicate your one mentor’s same system.
- Thinking that business will come to you only from social media posts – social media is a great source to generate leads. However, getting out and attending different networking events, seminars, conferences, and even volunteering at your local church is a great source of business opportunities.
- Letting emotions dictate your business decisions – some days business is good, some days it’s not. To be successful, entrepreneurs must set their mindset to being positive, avoid being around “energy vampires” and surrounding their selves with people who will inspire and encourage them.
- Focusing on the product, instead of the end results – an entrepreneur should focus on helping their clients achieve the results or see the value of their products or services versus your product or service per se.
In the end, making mistakes is inevitable as it is also a part of the process of growing and doing business. But it doesn’t mean these mistakes cannot be avoided and lessons cannot be learned the easy way!
Learn more about these pitfalls and mistakes that entrepreneurs should avoid HERE.
These are great guides for entrepreneurs! Thank you for sharing your wisdom, Coach Renee!
Whether via our online community and magazine where women share their own versions of success or by utilizing storytelling to maximize business results with Public Relations (PR) and copywriting strategies, storytelling is the fabric that unites us. Led by a professional writer, PR consultant, and published author, Sarah Cannata, we believe in equality, diversity, and providing women with a voice via our platform without fear of ridicule or shame. When we combine collaboration, leadership, passion, vulnerability, and courage, we’re capable of anything. Real progress is not inevitable; we have to use our voices and stories to fight for it. Visit https://www.thiswomancan.org/.