Personal branding is more than a buzzword. A lot of successful and influential thought leaders, business people, and even politicians swear by the power and importance of personal branding in reaching new heights of success and opening doors to different opportunities.
Many have attested that, as a personal brand enhances, success is also increasingly becoming more attainable. And, to arm yourself with that competitive edge, all you need to do is simply show your “calling card ” called personal brand.
Virginia LeBlanc, a result-driven and a collaborative leader, speaker, coach, and the author of the book, Love the Skin You’re In: How to Conquer Life Through Divergent Thinking, uncovers how this “calling card” and having the correct mindset of personal branding can advance your career in an article published by Business Women Media. Business Women Media is the top comprehensive website and a social media outlet for the driven, ambitious women who are serious about success.
LeBlanc argues that in order to get yourself out there and take your career or business to the next level, there are 5 mindsets or postures that women should practice:
- Channel Drive – Drive is your personal work ethic. Women are innate multi-taskers and are naturally predisposed and driven to succeed. One must understand, own, and value this drive. Place your drive where it needs to be.
- Be Aware – Master the ability of being observant. Be proactive instead of reactive. This will heighten your ability to anticipate any challenge. It will also set you apart with distinction.
- Be Strategic – Take time to plan. Process and understand how things work, and you will manage your reality, formulate strategy, and put your strategic plan in motion for success!
- Be a Servant Leader – Identify a disposition and/or quality of service. This means setting a high bar for yourself above the norm that you will strive for, maintain, and keep yourself accountable to (leader), placing the person(s) being served first (servant).
- Set Boundaries – Boundaries are healthy. Boundaries are NOT walls. Boundaries help manage your reality. Boundaries are not saying, that you do not go above and beyond; they are to set expectations and respect in understanding who you are and what you will do. This fosters healthy work-life relations.
Virginia further enthuses, “These five things will make up your calling card—your personal brand of who you will be known as. If convincing in it, employers will respect you for it and remember you; customers will love, refer, and return to you, and people, in general, will appreciate you for it because they can expect consistency. Brand yourself and walk unapologetically in it!”
Check out Virginia’s full article and learn how to build your brand and boost your career HERE.
A great perspective on personal branding! Cheers, Virginia!
Business Woman Media is the top comprehensive website and a social media outlet for the driven, ambitious women who are serious about success. Our women don’t want to settle for anything but the best. They understand that success is a journey involving personal growth, savvy optimism, and the tenacity to be the best. To know more about the website, visit www.thebusinesswomanmedia.com.