At the root of any marketing-related venture you undertake, should be one fundamental question: Why make the double investment of time and money?
When you ask that same question as it pertains to the creation of a website, you will quickly come to realize you can’t afford to not make the investment of both.
According to Big Mouth Marketing, the reasons you need a website are as numerous as they are clear.
- Huge Reach: Companies spend millions of dollars creating brochures and distributing them. By having a website, you skip that process entirely. Your potential customers can find out about you and any of your products, or your book, online.
- More Customers’ Eyes: More than 2.4 billion people use the Internet daily and, of those, some 90 percent of have purchased something online, or contacted a company, in the last 12 months.
- Influence Others: Potentially thousands of people are going to browse your website. As such, you are able to influence people’s decisions and educate them.
- Show Pride in Your Work: By having a website, you have a platform to show off what you do, what you know and how you can help, and grow your pride in your work.
- Business Goals Review: When it comes to writing content for your website, you are inevitably going to revisit things about your business that you haven’t thought of in awhile. You will most likely reassess your business goals, which is never a bad idea.
- Always Open for Business: You may sleep but the Internet doesn’t, meaning you’re open for business 24-7.
- Communication: By featuring a blog or a feed on your website, you can instantly and easily update customers on your newest offers, products, promotions, events and so on.
- Marketing: The Internet has opened up a whole new world of marketing that didn’t exist before. Your website can attract new opportunities by using a host of low-cost marketing techniques.
- Compete: By creating an incredibly beautiful website with a solid marketing strategy as its anchor, you can smash the big guys to pieces. You have no chance of building bigger skyscrapers but your website can break down the perceived wall between you and them.
- Instant Credibility: Convincing others that you are the real deal is always a challenge. By having a well-structured professional website, you foster instant credibility.
This list only scratches the surface when it comes to an analysis of the need for a website. But to sum it up simply, websites are the calling cards of today’s business world. While there remains no substitute for personal connections and opportunities to let others see the fire in your eyes and hear the passion in your voice, a well designed, visually appealing website is the next best thing as it introduces others to you and your services.
That said, a word of caution – it’s not enough on its own to have a great website. If you’re not giving your website the attention it deserves – updating its content, offering new deals, inviting participation at a live event – it will become stagnant in a hurry. If someone visits your website in January and then comes back to visit in February only to find nothing new, he or she won’t be back. It’s imperative that you manage your website in order to reap all the benefits listed above. Treat your website as a work in progress; a form of outreach that demands your attention continually after it goes live.
A great rule of thumb is to manage your website like you would a storefront operation. When a customer comes in the door, that customer is made to feel welcome before the sales pitch. Conversely, your website has to say “Welcome” right off the bat. Only then will the visitor want to explore more, clicking on tabs to bring them to various features.
According to www.smallbiztrends.com, there are a number of elements all successful websites have in common.
- Is visually professional
- Has a private domain name
- Has a memorable domain name
- Secure for payments with checkout made easy
- Business name and address in the text
- Phone number in a click-to-call format
- Contact information easy to find
- Details who you are, what you do at a glance
- Highlights your Unique Selling Point
- Includes testimonials
- Invites feedback
- Features updated fresh content
- Contains keywords for Search Engine Optimization
- Includes personal touches
- Features links to other websites – be a resource
- Connects with all your social media platforms
And then there are a few things your website should not have.
- Too many bells and whistles. Keeping it clean and to the point works much better.
- Flash animation, moving text, fancy cursors or music. All are unnecessary, are annoying to most visitors and slowing downloading time.
- Images without ALT tags or text captions. Because search engines can’t read images, descriptive text helps to increase your rankings.
- Dead links. Check your links frequently to make sure they still work.
- A list of all your products and services. One long continuous scroll is annoying and boring. Break things up naturally and use smart navigation to help visitors find what they’re looking for.
Now that we’ve reviewed the importance of having a website and what it should feature to be effective as an optimum marketing tool, we’re at the million dollar question: Should you design your own website or should have it professionally designed? Like anything else, there are advantages and disadvantages pertaining to both that will affect your decision.
Again, keep the importance of making a strong first impression well in mind.
MARY BOSIU: Partnership With Black Card Books Reaps Huge Benefits for Author and Speaker, Including a Stunning Website That Has Opened Doors for Her
As an award-winning author and renowned speaker sought with equal fervor by large corporations and the media, Mary Bosiu is the poster child for what success looks like.
However, back in 2015 when Mary partnered with Black Card Books, her knowledge in the information technology realm, particularly in terms of developing a strong and effective online presence, was lacking. In her words, she was “an IT dinosaur,” due in no small way to what she describes as her BLCB status – Born Long Before Computers.
“I didn’t even know what a browser was,” says Mary.
Saying her “posture has been beefed up,” Mary has reaped great success and more opportunities. On top of that, a number of milestones have come her way, including…
- Received a Life Achiever’s Award
- Attained a maximum number of Facebook friends
- Been contracted to provide daily inspirational messages on InstaVoice Channels
- Caught the attention of corporate giants, some of which have sponsored her book
- Designed and facilitated more workshop/seminar modules
- Had a number of amazing public speaking engagements
- Had her articles published by international media houses
- Participated in radio shows as well as international TV episodes as both a panelist/guest and an anchor
“Black Card Books epitomizes a kind of professionalism that I have never, ever witnessed anywhere else, and I have been around and I know what I am talking about. Let out your hand and Black Card Books will gladly hold it, leading to the bright you that you deserve.”
Keep soaring the skies of success, Mary! BCB is always proud of you!
As an author whose book features fresh ideas, life-changing insight and invaluable advice, the name of the game is getting out there, letting as many people as possible know about you as a resource for their personal and professional growth.
Your website is key to that effort. It puts you on a worldwide stage where millions of eyeballs are looking for something new, something dynamic…something that will bring value to them. As such, you cannot afford to be absent from that stage. It’s where you need to be to have any hope of success.
But being on that stage isn’t enough. You have to be a major player. You have to grab their attention. For that reason alone, you want to put forward the best you while you have their attention.
A professionally designed website gives you the best chance of doing so. Visually appealing and easy to navigate, a professionally designed website not only gives you an edge on the very competitive Internet landscape but it also opens doors to exciting opportunities. You just never know who’s watching. All you need to know is that what they’re watching, and how that experience leaves them feeling, will determine their next step. A dazzling website will make you stand out.
Website design is not a place to cut corners. Have it done right by a professional and rewards will inevitably come your way.
Black Card Books remains at your side as you begin and/or continue your author journey, offering a series of exclusive programs which will not only enhance and build upon your networking skills but show you how to put those skills to work to your full advantage. That includes the skills necessary to shine as the host of your webinar.
Among the offerings is the Premium Website Campaign, the goal of which is to provide you with a professional web presence by providing:
- Professional logo and website design featuring your business and services.
- World-class design and branding of you and your business.
- Five core website pages – Home, About, Book, Praise and Contact – with the ability to add more pages as you see fit.
- A blogging platform to drive traffic your way and provide a platform to communicate with, and engage, your audience.
- A Content Management System that allows you to manage your website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and visibility including tools for search engines like Google and Yahoo! To find your website and rank in search results.
Our expert marketing team is fully equipped to build your professional website coupled with other prestigious platforms that will boost your presence around the world! In addition, they are fully dedicated to review campaigns with you in our new Services Menu and, together with you, decide which package or packages are best!
Book your FREE and exclusive Coaching Call today with Gerry’s experts, and see what remarkable and over-the-top platforms are suited to help you on your inspiring journey. Email email@example.com today.